Monday, July 8, 2013

Being and Having a "Get You" Friend!

Oh how absolutely marvelous when you find someone who "get's YOU!"  That Sweetheart that understands what you say, what you mean and who laughs at your jokes even when they aren't all that funny.    They rally the troops for you, is the first one to cheer you on and the conversations....well that's just a real treat.   

When I get the wholehearted blessing and privilege to make a new "Get You" friend, I overflow with gratitude to the Lord.  Frankly for this ADD prone, over the top extrovert, who can blame the whirlwind many experience when engaged in a conversation with me!  But I will say,  there is something that I've always appreciated when meeting new people and having the chance to learn better who they are. The relief and ease felt when sharing in fellowship with a heart who is joyfully lighthearted in being transparent with their failings and weaknesses. Good Grief! What a relief! They give a relating comfort to any conversation of struggle, making sure that those around them know that they too are running their race to which they at times stumble and are laying aside every weight of sin in order to run with endurance. 


It's like they've just held up their "See I'm Running my race too" sign.   They've immediately become, Relatable.  We are on the same ground! Running our race. Facing and at times stumbling through the challenges.  

Through sharing with each other our burdens, failings and weaknesses, there is power.  The awe inspiring supernatural healing power of Christ. 
And He said unto me, "MY grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness! Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "  2 Cor. 12:9 

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." 2 Cor 11:30 

2 Cor. 12:9, 2. Cor 11:30, Jam. 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment