Saturday, June 29, 2013

I Count My Blessings.....

One of the most iconic singers of the past century was no doubt Bing Crosby. When I think of the music that accompanies many of the beautiful memories of my life, it would have his velvety voice crooning "I'll be home....", "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas".  But one of the sweetest songs not so familiar to my generation is his rendition of "I Count My Blessings".  All the troubles that might face me and the worries of tomorrow can never abide in the same thought of my resting on all the gifts, blessings and miracles God has given to me.

Along my journey as I try my best not to worry about that which I can't really do anything about, if I stop to remind myself of all that I've been through with The Lord going before and hemming behind me, it will always keep my heart warm.

Much like that warm fuzzy feeling I get at all those times of sweet memory when Crosby songs come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment