Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DayDreamer

It is such an extraordinary time of reflection and making memories as I walk this life as a Mama of Two young boys, a wife of a retired soldier and hard working husband and at times a singer in Contemporary Christian music.

I've had alot of thoughts come to mind about the issues that face me as a woman, mother and wife. Seeking to live life loving and serving my family as I work to provide a God-honoring home environment. As we raise two boys, desiring them to become Lovers of Jesus and mighty men, examples of godliness in order to bring Him glory.  But there are also days where I feel that I am just not up for the challenge and would prefer to return to bed and daydream about what I wished I had energy for, like being that Super Mom who consistently gets up at 5am in the morning before the Rooster does! Has a four course breakfast of champions ready and waiting as they yawn down the stairs for the day. Mind you this being after I've had my 2 hours of quiet time with the Lord, my exercise routine complete and a warm shower, hair dried and set with a cute capri pant outfit ironed and slipped on.  Then the day dream continues with thoughts of the bygone days of size 8 clothes...ok who am I kidding...size 12 would be fabulous at this point!  (By the way, those wishful clothes are STILL in the back of my closet pining for the moment they see the light of day again.)

I am definitely a Daydreamer.  I can imagine so many things I'd like to do and accomplish for myself as well. I often feel as though my vivid imagination can at times keep me frozen in the "What Ifs" of life and I then find myself 5 to 10 years down the road of life still wondering if it might be possible to reach the goals I set so long ago for myself.  I've told my husband so many times when I realize how old I am, that I wish I could shift my life back a decade and start again. With everything I have and all I have come to learn. Just to make up for those daydreaming days, and just GO DO the day dream. 

I know, in no way, am I old.  But just...older. Wondering if its "too late". Should I put some of those dreams to bed?  Like, could an almost 40 year old, mother of two change her entire expected path to something that perhaps most of the people I know and love would think, "Why now?".  How about going to Seminary? Move to Europe? See, the daydreamer in me runs wild with aspirations to experience everything I can in life.  I've always had a passion to experience the variety of life. Call me a Transcendentalist!  Can anyone relate?  

So this "At Home" blog will hold some of my thoughts, dreams and at times the very hard life lessons I've learned along the way.  To share with You- the one taking the time out of your own very busy day and life to see if there might be anything of relating value in the writings of this qwirky Daughter of the Almighty King.  Isn't that funny? To think as flawed as I am, I'm still considered royal. I can take my days moment by moment, working on the figuring out of it all, remain my unique and sometimes awkward self and STILL come out safe and accepted in the unconditional grace and love of my perfect, and completely understanding Heavenly Father, God Almighty.  

And so, I welcome you to come along and hear my funny tales of wondering, wishing and watching as I just like so many of you, work to follow and hold tightly to God's hand on this roller coaster ride called Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment