Saturday, March 6, 2021

My Theme: This is JOY

Life's Theme of JOY

Each image is unique. different in every way. but the tying thread between them all is, Joy. My Joy. Each picture brings my heart a settled contentment. 


This is Joy.  

A moment of silliness from my often complex middle son with Autism. His willingness to be funny at his own expense which brought laughter of joy at a sidewalk photo op. This is joy. 


This is Joy.  

God's Word. Filled with knowledge, truth, wisdom, and understanding.  

"In The Beginning was the WORD. And the WORD was with God. And the WORD was God." 
John 1:1. 

“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” Psalm 16:11



This is Joy.  
The hands of my mother.  The embrace of unconditional love.  The Love of a Mother. Being with her brings joy and comfort.  The security of experiencing a mother's love and presence is indeed, Joy.



This is Joy.  

My front yard off my veranda.  Every morning stepping outside to see the beauty of this little piece of God's creation brings me great joy.  Joy in the provision of the Lord in this homestead that I experience  and do life with my loved ones. Not just a yard.  Its a playground. A teaching placing. A place of rest. A place where memories are made.  Where joy is found.



This is Joy.  

My first born with my last.  To see the gift of their lives as they stand in this moment together brings such great joy and gratitude.   The day Wyatt my eldest was born, I suddenly knew what it meant to truly love someone with the fullness of myself and in a sacrificial way.  The joy of being a mother is at times really beyond the right words to explain.  Perhaps it can be summed up in part like this.  When you become a parent,  you never really understood what it meant to love someone before it.  Once you are, you suddenly can comprehend even in the smallest of ways, the immensity of God's sacrificial love for us,  His children.  And in it understand the reason why He would choose to sacrifice that which was so precious in order that we might know the Love of God that is in Christ Jesus. 
To Love your children, this is Joy.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment