Saturday, February 27, 2021

JESUS- THE NAME THAT IS ABOVE ALL NAMES

Throughout 1000s of years man's expression of emotion, creativity, and worship there has been no other name so greatly given adoration honor and reverence than the name that scripture tells us is above all other names.  And at this Name,  every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord.  He has been the theme of countless songs as well as the theme of my own life. 

My Theme Playlist consists of songs that describe the Name of Jesus as well as being the inspiration for them as well.  

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME- Hillsong United  (Contemporary Christian Music)

This song particularly has become a favorite of mine as it was one that God showed His gentle hand of comfort during a time of great fear.  After the birth of my first two sons, both emergency C Sections, and with the NICU stay of my middle song Declan, when I became pregnant with my third son Griffin, the fear of having a C Section, being separated from my son immediately after he was born became more than I could bare.  Upon my arrival to the birth center once contractions started, I was so scared to go through another traumatic delivery.  But God, in the most specific way provided and without my knowing,  the doctor on call was not my attending physician who was with family after a death.  This presented this new doctor, new to me, new to the OBGYN office and even this birthing center.  She was new to town. But was my doctor for such a time as this.  The charge nurse who happened to attend church with me tried to reassure me that everything would be alright.  So much so she even went so far as to call the Dr.  en route to the center for my delivery.  This doctor came on the line.  With the calmest voice she began to speak. Word of comfort but these words were not just any word.  She told me, "The Lord has placed me as your doctor in this very specific moment and I am giving you my word,  He will not let you go.  You and your baby will be just fine.  God is with you.  And He will be with me as I care for you. "  My heart began to realize that even before I knew it, He had already prepared this doctor because He cares for His children in their time of great need.  Fast forward to the C Section.  I laid there still struggling to give my fear to Jesus.  Then all of a sudden,  this doctor asks, mind you while preforming my C Section, asks me over the partition curtain, "I hear you are a singer at your church.  what is your favorite worship song?" My mind was swimming and I could believe she was asking me this at such a time.  But the first song that came to mind was "What a Beautiful Name".  So I said it.  She then says, "oh would you sing it for us."  What!  I hesitated and just thought, Now?!  She then sweetly said, "that's ok.  I'll sing it."  And this doctor, who God had prepared in advance, was now singing praise songs over me and my new son being born.  My son, came into this world to the sound of worship.  Worship for the Name that is Beautiful, Wonderful, Powerful.  And it is every bit of it and more. 



THERE WAS JESUS- Zach Williams (featuring Dolly Parton) 

Through each chapter of my life I can see that God's presence was there.  Whether in times of sorrow or healing or even the waiting,  Jesus was there, providing me direction, protection and comfort.  


PIE JESU- Andrew Lloyed Webber
              

"Pie Jesu" English Translation
Father, who takes away the sins of the world
Grant them rest, grant them rest
Merciful Jesus, 
Father, who takes away the sins of the world
Grant them rest, grant them rest
Lamb of God, 
Father, who takes away the sins of the world
Grant them rest, grant them rest
everlasting
Peace
This classical composition by the musical composer Andrew Lloyd Webber speaks of the saving grace of Jesus who takes away the sins of the world and gives everlasting peace.  This is truly the reality of what it means to trust Jesus as Savior and being gifted eternal Life and peace throughout this life and the next. 





JESUS WALKS- Kanye West 
        I am not normally a fan of rap but I am a fan of Black Gospel and extreme talent. That being the talent of a complex artist like Kanye West who had surpassed sales of a gospel album for all time with his JESUS IS KING project.  This is just one from that compilation.  Powerful and speaks to much of today's lost.  Jesus does walk with each of us, desiring for us to come to Him and then walk as He did.  




JESU, JOY OF MAN'S DESIRING  

ONE LOVE, ONE HEART Bob Marley
 



Each of these songs in their respective genres of music display a powerful message of acknowledging the power and glory of Jesus.  The attributes of Jesus describing his power to heal, to change the brokenhearted and redeem God's people has been a resounding message throughout scripture and the songs that I have chosen for my songlist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment